The journal “Parazitologiya” (“Parazitologiia” / “Parazitologiâ”) was established in 1967 and is now published by the Russian Academy of Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences.
“Parazitologiya” is the first and leading peer-reviewed scientific journal on parasitology published in Russia. It has six issues per year. In 2020, the average time from submission to acceptance was 99 days.
The manuscripts are in English or Russian. There are no article processing charges. DOI has been assigned to each paper since 2019.
The aim of the journal “Parazitologiya” is to facilitate parasitology research in Russia and worldwide by providing an efficient, high-quality and modern platform for scientific communication.
The scope of the journal embraces a wide range of parasitological topics, except for highly specialized aspects of medicine and veterinary science.
- Biodiversity, distribution and systematics. Descriptions of new species are welcome if they also contribute to some general conclusions.
- Wide range of research objects: any parasitic metazoans, fungi and protists, as well as bacteria and viruses — if the study has general parasitological relevance.
- Studies on morphology that broaden understanding of form and function in parasitic organisms.
- Ecological parasitology, life cycles and transmission pathways of parasites; phylogeography.
- Host-parasite interactions at different levels.
- Evolution, co-evolution and phylogeny.
- General and fundamental questions of parasitology.
- Vector-borne diseases with natural reservoirs (if the accent is on parasitology rather than medicine or veterinary science).
Abstracting and indexing
The Editorial board is motivated to apply for indexing in Scopus, Web of Science Core Collection and Medline.
Expected Scopus Subject areas:
- Immunology and Microbiology: Parasitology;
- Agricultural and Biological Sciences: Animal Science and Zoology;
- Agricultural and Biological Sciences: Insect Science;
- Veterinary: Veterinary (miscellaneous) / Medicine: Medicine (miscellaneous).
Journal “Parazitologiya” is committed to keep all published articles constantly available over the coming decades. The journal website features articles published since 1967, and the mission of the publisher and the editorial staff is to continue providing access to all the new accepted articles.
Journal “Parazitologiya” additionally deposits full-text articles and metadata of published materials in the scientific electronic library eLIBRARY.RU, which ensures the full archiving even in case the journal ceases publication.
Editorial board address:
The journal “Parazitologiya”
Zoological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Universitetskaya emb., 1, Saint Petersburg, 199034, Russia
Sign up for the Table of Contents email alert for new journal issues.